Frequently Asked QuestionsFind out how much rent you could be achieving RIGHT NOW! Talk to the Team who knows…
How long will it take to lease my property?
At Elders Real Estate Murwillumbah, our average time to lease your property varies depending on market conditions, however in recent months it has averaged less than 14 days. We begin marketing your property the day it becomes available to rent and unlike many other real estate companies, we has a team of specialised leasing consultants focused solely on finding you a qualified tenant is the quickest possible time.
When you find an applicant for my property, how do you qualify them?
We strive to provide you with the caliber of tenants that you want in your rental property. This includes:
• An interview with one of our highly experienced senior property managers
• A 100 point identification check
• A detailed tenancy database search
• Verification from their current/former landlords/agents
• Verification of their employment
• Verification that they can afford the rent and all other monies payable under the tenancy agreement
• In addition to the normal financial qualifications, we always try to accommodate the housing needs of our tenants to ensure the property they rent is convenient to their work, shopping and desired school district. This will help ensure that they will be happy tenants and remain longer in your rental property.
Unless you instruct otherwise, all tenancy applicants, once interviewed and reference checked by us, will be presented to you for approval before any tenancy documentation is entered into.
How quickly do you process the rent statements to property owners?
We pride ourselves on quick processing of rent statements. We close off our monthly accounts on the 30th of every month. Rent statements will be posted or emailed to you on the next working day. Unless you instruct otherwise, your rent monies will be deposited into your bank account by electronic fund transfer (EFT) on the next working day after our monthly close off date. We can arrange a mid-month payment on the 15th of each month should you request it.
How often, and how are property inspections conducted?
When you property is vacant, we inspect it at least once a week. During a tenant’s occupancy, we carry out routine inspections every 6 months (additional inspections can be carried out upon request, at an additional fee). When the tenant gives notice of their intention to vacate the property we carry out a short pre-vacating inspection of the property to:
• Ensure the tenant gives the property back in the same condition they received it (fair wear & tear excepted.
• Ascertain if any essential work is required to make the property ready for re-letting.
• When the tenants vacate your property we carry out a detailed outgoing inspection. The inspection is done to ensure that the tenants return the property back to us in an acceptable condition. If damage is found or cleaning necessary, we make the necessary deduction forms the tenant’s rental bond.
What if I want to sell my property? Can Elders Real Estate Murwillumbah help?
Yes, Elders Real Estate Murwillumbah has highly dedicated, knowledgeable agents ready to assist.
We share high market dominance in Murwillumbah and surrounding areas specialising in quality and highly sought after properties. Working closely with the rental department we can assure you of a smooth successful sale.
How are rental collections handled?
Our rent collection policies are as follows:
• All rents are due either monthly, fortnightly or weekly in advance.
• If your tenant is 5 days late with their rent, they are personally phoned, faxed or emailed.
• Tenants who are 10 days late with their rent are personally or visited by a senior property manager – if the outstanding rent has not been paid within 2 days, we will contact you of the situation and to seek your instructions regarding possible termination of the tenancy.
• Once a tenant is 15 days late with rent, subject to your instructions, we serve the tenant with a Termination Notice requiring the tenant to vacate the property within 14 days.
Are you the cheapest property management business in the area?
Probably not. Because we believe we are the best property management business in Murwillumbah, we employ the best quality people who are focused on providing a level of service unsurpassed in the industry. We have found that charging a discount price means a lower level of service. Therefore, we charge a competitive fee commensurate with the high quality of service we provide to our clients.
Why should I choose Elders Murwillumbah Property Management?
In two words, “Experience” and “Expertise”. Our clients know that our people make the difference. Our business is owned and operated by the people who train, mentor and coach other property managers all over Australia and New Zealand, and have done so since 1983. If you have a residential rental property in Murwillumbah, there is no better choice than Elders Murwillumbah Property Management.
How Much Rent Will I Get ?
Property Managment rent my house manage my rental murwillumbah sell my investment property proeprty manager best property management investor buy property sell my home sell my house houses for sale farms for sale buy property murwillumbah stokers siding nunderi duranbah buy a house sell a farm buy vacant land purchase property buy investment property renovator tyalgum chillingham uki buy lifestyle buy acreage purchase a new home